This page is growing with more and more smoothies! Scroll down for more and comment if you have any ideas that I could try out! ♥
Healthy Skin Smoothie
This smoothie is a real burst of antioxidants, the ingredients in it are specially designed to take care of your skin for a more smoother, renewed appearance. Blueberries, baobab, and honey are full of detoxifying properties, while the collagen provides the necessary protein needed for skin regeneration. In addition, flax seed oil and coconut oil supply your skin with lots of vitamin E, to properly hydrate your skin!
A big handful of blueberries
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp baobab
1 tbsp hydrolysed collagen powder
1 tsp flaxseed oil
Milk (or your preffered liquid) to achieve your desired consistency
1 tsp coconut oil
Optional: I added strawberry ice cream and coconut ice cream ;p
Blend all together for a super smoothie that’s very beneficial for your skin!
These are some of the health benefits of baobab…
Baobab has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any fruit in the world. It contains almost five times the antioxidants of fresh acai berries and twice that of goji. Antioxidants help protect our cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Aduna baobab is an excellent source of vitamin C which also helps protect cells from oxidative stress and contributes to the normal formation of collagen in skin. Vitamin C also helps with the regeneration of vitamin E which protects and repairs your skin.
Baobab’s polyphenol content is significantly higher than most other fruits. Preliminary research has shown that this could help reduce the visible effects of ageing.”
Maca Magic Smoothie
This is so delicious, unique and magical. It’s my new best friend…
It also contains maca, which is an indigenous food, grown in Peru (I will be writing more about indigenous foods in the future!)
1 can coconut milk (with high percentage of coconut-check the ingredients)
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp honey
water to achieve desired consistency
Blend all in a blender and enjoyyyy…
Banana and Date Smoothie
-7 dates (soaked in milk overnight)
-1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder (so it doesn’t over power the flavour)
-milk or coconut milk to achieve desired consistency
-1.5 tsp honey
Purple Passion Smoochie
If you want a smoothie better tasting than a strawberry smoothie, this is it! Although it has spinach and beetroot, it’s almost impossible to taste them! 100g of blueberries, 4 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream, 1 can of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 small avocado, 1 small beetroot, a small handful of spinach and at least 200 ml of milk to get your desired consistency. Start off with blending the beetroot and spinach along with 2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt, and gradually add the rest of the ingredients in and blend well so it’s super smooth! Enjoy!
-1 scoop/serving of protein powder
-1/2 cup oats
-4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
-milk to achieve desired consistency
-1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
– Add your favourite berries!
Super Healthy Multi-coloured Layered Smoothie
I made the green part using avocado, kiwi, wheatgrass powder, honey and a little bit of water so it’s thick, and the orange part using persimmons, clementines, banana, honey, and a little more water so it’s less thick than the first layer. I stored both the different colours in two separate cups for 15 minutes in the freezer. Then I got a large cup, and carefully poured the thicker layer (green), followed by the second layer (orange). After I drank a bit of the orange colour, I added beetroot juice to see if it gets prettier with 3 colours!
Yummy Green Wheatgrass Smoothie
Blend together the following ingredients for a super-yummy, greenie smoothie:
– 2 Bananas
– 1 Avocado
– 2 Kiwis
– 1 Tbsp Honey
– 1 Tsp Wheatgrass Powder (available in any health store)
– Water for desired consistency
Benefits of Wheatgrass…
- Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even help to remove scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet, of course, must be improved at the same time.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevents tooth decay.
- Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.
- Improves digestion
- Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
- By taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel an increase in strength and endurance, renewed health and spirituality, and experience an overall sense of well-being.
Avocado, cucumber, spirulina powder, hemp protein powder… It took me a long 20 minutes to finish it (especially that I unintentionally made 2 servings)…