This is a super healthy, energising, protein filled recipe and I love eating it for breakfast! It does not look very appetising but it is very delicious! Especially if you’re craving something sweet, at the same time, want something nutrious and filling, this is perfect!
- 1-2 bananas (I usually use 2!)
- 1 scoop of hemp protein powder (provides around 14g of protein, all the essential amino acids, fibre, and lots of omega 3 and 6!)
- 2 eggs (around 12g of protein and high in vitamins A, E, K, B, and folic acid)
- Around 1 tbsp of honey (or less/more depending on your taste buds! You can substitute honey for any liquid sweetener that you would like)
- Oats (I usually add enough so the batter is at a thicker consistency, but this also adds good complex carbohydrates as well as more protein!) I usually like to add 95g to have more calories and carbohydrates.
- Coconut oil to fry
Start off with mashing the bananas well with a fork and add the eggs. Mix well but be careful not to mix too harshly as this can breakdown some of the nutrients in the eggs. Next, mix in the hemp protein powder, and the honey. Then gradually add in the oats so the batter reaches a thicker consistency so it sticks together while frying. Pour a bit of the pancake mixture in a hot, oiled pan (but be careful because this pancake can burn quickly!) and flip it to the other side when it is golden brown. Serve with anything that you like or you can eat it plain as this pancake is a filling, nutritious meal! Enjoy ♥♥