Recently, I’ve been trying to gain weight mostly through healthy calories and eating more carbs as I have been advised! I really find this smoothie a brilliant way to gain weight, as it packs 1161 calories, so knowing that I’ve already packed at least 1000 calories in the beginning of my day, makes it so much easier to reach my calorie goal per day. This smoothie is also very handy and quick to make, and fits great into my daily work routine. I have seen good results with this smoothie, in a good amount of time. These are the main ingredients I use..
- 3 bananas : 300 calories, 60g carbs, 3g protein
- 3 tbsp honey: 192 calories, 52g carbs,
- 4 tbsp olive oil: 477 calories, 54g fat
- 1 tbsp peanut butter: 105 calories, 4g protein, 8g fat,
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use ON whey protein): 120 calories, 24g protein
- water to achieve desired consistency and to add hydration to my morning meal (you can add any liquid of your choice perhaps adding even more calories).
1161 calories, 124 carbs, 64g fat, 31g protein
Additional ingredients I sometimes add:
- 1 avocado: 240 calories
- 2 scoops protein powder instead of 1: 240 calories
Let me know if this was beneficial to you or if you want more weight gain tips! ♥
This is a super healthy, energising, protein filled recipe and I love eating it for breakfast! It does not look very appetising but it is very delicious! Especially if you’re craving something sweet, at the same time, want something nutrious and filling, this is perfect!
- 1-2 bananas (I usually use 2!)
- 1 scoop of hemp protein powder (provides around 14g of protein, all the essential amino acids, fibre, and lots of omega 3 and 6!)
- 2 eggs (around 12g of protein and high in vitamins A, E, K, B, and folic acid)
- Around 1 tbsp of honey (or less/more depending on your taste buds! You can substitute honey for any liquid sweetener that you would like)
- Oats (I usually add enough so the batter is at a thicker consistency, but this also adds good complex carbohydrates as well as more protein!) I usually like to add 95g to have more calories and carbohydrates.
- Coconut oil to fry
Start off with mashing the bananas well with a fork and add the eggs. Mix well but be careful not to mix too harshly as this can breakdown some of the nutrients in the eggs. Next, mix in the hemp protein powder, and the honey. Then gradually add in the oats so the batter reaches a thicker consistency so it sticks together while frying. Pour a bit of the pancake mixture in a hot, oiled pan (but be careful because this pancake can burn quickly!) and flip it to the other side when it is golden brown. Serve with anything that you like or you can eat it plain as this pancake is a filling, nutritious meal! Enjoy ♥♥
This smoothie is protein rich (it contains around 20g of protein, which is about half your recommended daily intake!). It contains collagen, which is beneficial for your skin, providing elasticity and hydration, increases metabolism through improving thyroid function, in addition to strengthening bones and joints, as collagen makes up 90% of bone mass. Another super ingredient in this smoothie is maca, which is an indigenous Peruvian food that helps to boost energy, brain function, and fertility.
12g Hydrolysed Collagen powder
10g Maca powder
1 tbsp Honey
A little milk for a thicker smoothie
I added ice cream too!
…Enjoy the yumminess!
-1 scoop/serving of protein powder
-1/2 cup oats
-4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
-milk to achieve desired consistency
-1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
– Add your favourite berries!