Recently, I’ve been trying to gain weight mostly through healthy calories and eating more carbs as I have been advised! I really find this smoothie a brilliant way to gain weight, as it packs 1161 calories, so knowing that I’ve already packed at least 1000 calories in the beginning of my day, makes it so much easier to reach my calorie goal per day. This smoothie is also very handy and quick to make, and fits great into my daily work routine. I have seen good results with this smoothie, in a good amount of time. These are the main ingredients I use..
- 3 bananas : 300 calories, 60g carbs, 3g protein
- 3 tbsp honey: 192 calories, 52g carbs,
- 4 tbsp olive oil: 477 calories, 54g fat
- 1 tbsp peanut butter: 105 calories, 4g protein, 8g fat,
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use ON whey protein): 120 calories, 24g protein
- water to achieve desired consistency and to add hydration to my morning meal (you can add any liquid of your choice perhaps adding even more calories).
1161 calories, 124 carbs, 64g fat, 31g protein
Additional ingredients I sometimes add:
- 1 avocado: 240 calories
- 2 scoops protein powder instead of 1: 240 calories
Let me know if this was beneficial to you or if you want more weight gain tips! ♥
Find out why rose water is my favourite lip exfoliant, under eye treatment, and make-up remover! Click here for the full article to get loads of uses and beauty secrets with rose water!
This smoothie is protein rich (it contains around 20g of protein, which is about half your recommended daily intake!). It contains collagen, which is beneficial for your skin, providing elasticity and hydration, increases metabolism through improving thyroid function, in addition to strengthening bones and joints, as collagen makes up 90% of bone mass. Another super ingredient in this smoothie is maca, which is an indigenous Peruvian food that helps to boost energy, brain function, and fertility.
12g Hydrolysed Collagen powder
10g Maca powder
1 tbsp Honey
A little milk for a thicker smoothie
I added ice cream too!
…Enjoy the yumminess!
Loads of strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, with a little bit of honey, coconut oil, and water! I coated the inside and outside edge with honey and dipped it in brown sugar…Yummy!
Wait for a few minutes, and see the flowers gradually expand and bloom!
Coconut Water – Which is super hydrating as it contains electrolytes calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium, it also regulates blood pressure, aids digestion, and helps you to refresh!
3 tbsp Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
A handful of raspberries
A handful of blueberries
A few strawberries
1 tbsp honey
I made the green part using avocado, kiwi, wheatgrass powder, honey and a little bit of water so it’s thick, and the orange part using persimmons, clementines, banana, honey, and a little more water so it’s less thick than the first layer. I stored both the different colours in two separate cups for 15 minutes in the freezer. Then I got a large cup, and carefully poured the thicker layer (green), followed by the second layer (orange). After I drank a bit of the orange colour, I added beetroot juice to see if it gets prettier with 3 colours!
Blend together the following ingredients for a super-yummy, greenie smoothie:
– 2 Bananas
– 1 Avocado
– 2 Kiwis
– 1 Tbsp Honey
– 1 Tsp Wheatgrass Powder (available in any health store)
– Water for desired consistency
Benefits of Wheatgrass…
- Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even help to remove scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet, of course, must be improved at the same time.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevents tooth decay.
- Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.
- Improves digestion
- Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
- By taking wheatgrass juice, one may feel an increase in strength and endurance, renewed health and spirituality, and experience an overall sense of well-being.
I finally have sugar cane, been waiting for them for a long long time! In Egypt, we usually have sugar cane juice in super fancy cups so you would drink it and peer at all the beautiful stray cats around you… *nostalgia*
But here, I would just peel it and chew on it like an angry person…
Here are some benefits of sugar cane:
- Sugarcane, being low on glycemic index, helps keep the body fit and healthy.
- Sugarcane juice has been found to be very beneficial for preventing as well as treating sore throat, cold and flu.
- Since sugarcane has no simple sugar, it can be enjoyed by diabetics without any fear. However, they intake should still be limited for people suffering from type-2 diabetes.
- Being alkaline in nature, sugarcane juice helps the body in fighting against cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer.
- Sugarcane provides glucose to the body, which is stored as glycogen and burned by the muscles, whenever they require energy. Therefore, it is considered to be one of the best sources of energy.
- If you have been exposed to heat and physical activity for too long, drink sugarcane juice. It will help hydrate the body quickly.
- Sugarcane is believed to strengthen stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain, and sex organs.
- Sugarcane clears the urinary flow and also helps the kidney to perform its functions smoothly.
- As sugarcane consists of carbohydrates, in good quantities, it serves to refresh and energize the body. It supplies instant energy to working muscles and for this reason, it is also known to maximize performance in sports and endurance.
- Sugarcane is also good for digestion, as it can effectively work as a mild laxative because of its high potassium content.
Avocado, cucumber, spirulina powder, hemp protein powder… It took me a long 20 minutes to finish it (especially that I unintentionally made 2 servings)…
This is so delicious, unique and magical. It’s my new best friend…
It also contains maca, which is an indigenous food, grown in Peru (I will be writing more about indigenous foods in the future!)
1 can coconut milk (with high percentage of coconut-check the ingredients)
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp honey
water to achieve desired consistency
Blend all in a blender and enjoyyyy…