Check out my experience with a sports waist trainer which I love!
After trying out the sports waist trainer, I knew I had to get the latex waist trainer which is a more firm, aggressive version for faster results. As the sports waist trainer worked really well for me, I was curious to what the latex one would do. If you would like to know about my results from waist training, my reasons for waist training, the safety of waist training, how it works, and how often I wear it, please check out the article above!
In contrast to my first waist trainer, I have more mixed feelings about this one. Ultimately, I think it all depends on your body structure – whether you have a long torso or a short torso to how comfortable this waist trainer would be for you, I’ve noted at the bottom of the article which brands are better if you have a longer torso or a shorter torso.
On the positive side, when I wear it, and take it off at the end of the day, I feel like I’ve had an ab workout as my abs feel a bit sore. I think this happens due to the flexible fabric (latex) when I breathe in, and my chest expands, they have to push through the resistance of the fabric so I can fully inhale. Therefore, the repetition of this process through out the day works out the abs and helps to define them more. This waist trainer also causes me to sweat a lot more and I feel heat around my core, which releases toxins and helps to burn more calories. Here are other positives I noticed:
- By time, it gradually takes the shape of your body and it becomes more comfortable to wear since it’s more customised for you, due to the flexible latex material.
- The design and latex material looks and feels amazing (this is actually my favourite thing about this waist trainer!)
- It helps posture (but not as much as the sports trainer)
- It is invisible under clothes
- It keeps your curves in mind due to the section at the bottom which is more stretchy and expansive so it doesn’t dig into your skin too much.
- This waist trainer surprisingly helps to ease menstrual cramps due to the heat and warmth it provides. Sometimes I just put it on the bottom three hooks around my midsection to give me warmth without any tightness by using all the hooks.
However, all the positives didn’t really outweigh the negatives for me. The waist trainer did not make my waist any smaller after a total of three months which may not be a lot, but I noticed a reduction in my waist size after just a month of wearing the sports trainer, and as it is a more powerful version than the sports trainer, it didn’t really rise up to my expectations. However, this may be due to my waist not being able to physically get any smaller rather than the product itself. Nevertheless, the main reason why this waist trainer did not work for me was my body shape and the structure to how it’s built. I have a very short torso, with longer legs, therefore, the smallest part of my waist is actually very short. This waist trainer is very long, so it could be suited to people with a longer torso. However, it temporarily elongates my waist and works as overall body shaping wear for me rather than a medium to make my waist smaller. However, it does not tick all my boxes due to the negative aspects I’ve noticed:
- It definitely restricts my breathing quite a bit due to the tightness of the hooks around my upper rib cage. It would be better if it was tighter on my actual waist rather than in other places.
- The bottom of the waist trainer is in contact with my backside and therefore it crinkles up my waist which kind of defeats the purpose since the waist trainer does not stay straight.
- Overall, it didn’t really do anything for me.
Length difference between Ann Chery Classic Latex vs. TruFigure Sports Waist Trainer
Therefore, this waist trainer would be a lot better for someone with a longer torso and it’s better as overall body shaping wear as it is a single unit tightening up a large part of your core together due to it’s length, rather than being concentrated on the waist.
However, my sports trainer was from a brand called TruFigure which I think caters more for a short torso. The classic latex waist trainer is by Ann Chery which I would steer away from due to my body shape, but it would be more effective for those with a longer torso. Both brands manufacture classic latex waist trainers and sports waist trainers. Next time I might try TruFigure’s latex waist trainer and if I do, I’ll update you with what happens!
*Please note that a waist trainer is not in any way a substitute for diet or exercise, it is more of an ‘enhancement’ or a ‘supplement’. Always consult your physician before trying anything new!
If you have any questions, please let me know in the comment section!
Alternatively, you can email me on email@example.com
Have a great day and smile because you’re a beautiful soul! ♥